The Petascale Supercomputer Facility is a 96,000 sq ft computing facility featuring 20,000 sq ft of Data Center space supported by 5,400 tons of water cooled capacity. A Supercomputer facility indeed, the Data Center will support 1,000 terabyte servers designed to execute one quadrillion calculations per second.
This unique two story building almost reaches the size of a European football field. The command center, system administration center, and office space accommodates for 50+ staff. There currently exists no facility like it anywhere in the world.
Further Project Data:
- NOVA utilized in a CM partnership, project in progress
- Original project estimates exceeded available funds
- NOVA participated in Value Engineering and Equipment Procurement
- NOVA is delivering at over a 33% reduction from original estimate.
- Project Stats:
- LEED Silver Certification initiative
- 96,000 sqft 2-Story Base Building
- 20,000 sqft 6’ Raised Floor
- 1,000 W/SF
- 1,000 terabyte servers
- Close-Coupled Cooling via Chilled Water to IBM Supercomputer