NOVA Mission Critical provides the design and construction services for companies that offer Data Center and colocation strategies for firms located throughout North America, Europe and the Middle East. NOVA Mission Critical’s Clients include global companies of all sizes, ranging from financial services, cloud and information technology services, whole sale and retail colocation and managed services. NOVA Mission Critical is always hiring people that are hungry – people that are motivated – people that want to go to work to lead!
NOVA Mission Critical, one of the industry’s leading Data Center Builders, is currently seeking hands-on field-based professional Construction Project Superintendent with an undying optimism when faced with the most challenging and complicated Data Center construction projects. This person will be working primarily around Data Center construction projects and on many occasions will be client-facing. The Construction Superintendent coordinates all site construction activities and supervises all field personnel as required to successfully complete the project on schedule and within budget. This includes maintaining the highest quality, supervising all trade and field personnel, while administering good construction safety practices with all on-site activities. Maintains the job site office and closes out projects. Reports to Vice President OR Project Manager. The right candidate will be expected to advance the success of NOVA Mission Critical by bringing the vision to life for each and every Client one project at a time. If you have industry trade or mission critical experience that is a bonus. Successful candidates will have 8+ years of experience in the Mission Critical field with experience on multiple Tier III and/or Tier IV Data Centers. If you are ready to wake up every day and reinvent yourself then inquire within…
Title: Construction Project Superintendent Company: NOVA Mission Critical (Nova.Corp) Locations include:
• New York, United States
• New Jersey, United States
• Texas, United States
• Chicago, United States
• Virginia, United States
• Bay Area – CA, United States
Compensation: Salary based upon experience level along with one of the industry’s most competitive compensation and benefits packages. More importantly, we offer unlimited growth potential. NOVA Mission Critical is a Drug Free Workplace/EOE.
We have spent the past three decades focused on building cathedrals that serve as “the home for the cloud!” This is an exciting time for NOVA Mission Critical as we are once again in the process of reinventing ourselves to maintain the “first mover’s advantage” that has helped NOVA Mission Critical stay in the lead in the of Mission Critical industry.
If you are interested in building the future please send your resume to EdwardS@operationnova.com.
Construction Superintendents will have 8-10 years of mission critical construction experience leading Data Center and advanced tech projects.
Construction Project Superintendents work closely with all members of the project team and supervise all craft employees and will be responsible for the following:
• Ensure that the day-to-day coordination of NOVA’s trade contractors and their sub-contractors turn out high-quality work that meets the approved project schedule
• Manage the project budget for general conditions and site services
• Develop, document and communicate the work plan regarding changes made in the field
• Maintain a thorough understanding of contract documents to be able to plan ahead and anticipate potential problems before they arise
• Obtain or verify that the subcontractors obtain all necessary permits for construction purposes
• Verify safety compliance with all trades; act as primary safety representative in the field and enforce quality control policies
• Conduct maintenance and planning of “work-arounds,” shutdowns and tie-ins
• Establish credibility among Owners, trade contractors, unions etc. by maintaining a fair and trustworthy environment
• Lead contractor meetings on a regular basis
• Oversee daily reports and documentation using Procore
• Assist the PM in Creating, managing and updating the project schedule, create and implement contingency plans when necessary
• Communicate schedule status, updates and changes to Project Team and Trade Contractors
• Plan, coordinate and manage jobsite logistics
• Oversee project quality plan and implement necessary changes
• Resolve jurisdictional disputes
• Aid in the development of project team
• Coordinate jobsite logistics and maintain relationships with neighboring occupants.
• Negotiate with Authorities Having Jurisdiction to achieve project occupancy milestones
• Coordinate subcontractor work scopes, scheduling, and resource-loading in conjunction with NOVA’s Self-Performed Work crews
• Professionally represent NOVA Field Operations as primary interface with Owner and Design Team
• Directs all field personnel to achieve completion of the project on schedule, within budget, with quality workmanship that conforms to original plans and specifications.
• Maintains positive relationships with customers, contractors, suppliers and other employees.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Strong technical and communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Excellent problem solving skills and ability to adapt to changing needs
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and knowledge of project controls software
• Must be construction-document and drawing literate, with knowledge of all phases of construction
• Must have experience and proficiency in all divisions of work, methods, materials, scheduling, and cost control
• Must have strong knowledge and appreciation of construction safety processes and ability to enforce the project safety plan
• Must be able to create an environment where "safety first" is the culture and all trades people work with an incident and injury free attitude
• Must have experience supervising a project team
• OSHA 30 hour certified